Building Contractor in Mansfield | Blog Post 02/20
Thanks to an uncertain and often volatile housing market, selling a property for the asking price is not quite as straightforward as it used to be. Nowadays, it may be worth investing in certain home improvements to modernise your property or to make it more appealing to prospective buyers. However, it can be difficult to know which building works offer the best return when it comes time to sell.
Are you thinking of selling your property in Mansfield? If so, the building contractors at SMM Property Services specialise in an extensive range of building services. We can maximise your initial investment and add value to your home.
Some of the best ways to appeal to buyers and increase your property’s value include:
- Fencing and Decking – Old, weather-damaged fencing can be a real eyesore and may spoil the landscape of an otherwise attractive garden. Replacing broken fence panels with new ones will perfectly frame your garden, whilst increasing its level of privacy. Implementing store-bought or custom-built decking provides somewhere to relax or entertain during the summer months, and it can add up to 2% to your property’s value
- Roof Repairs – If your Mansfield home has a leaky roof or broken tiles, this can seriously affect the kerb appeal of your property and may deter prospective buyers. It could also drop the resale value of your property by up to 3%. So it is well worth repairing before you put your house on the market
- Conservatories and Orangeries – Our building contractors install a wide range of conservatory styles, to suit your needs and budget. We also have the skill and experience to seamlessly blend your new orangery into the existing brickwork of your Mansfield property. Either way, these structures can increase the value of your home by roughly 5%
- New Bathroom Installations – You may not notice signs of wear and tear in your bathroom, but they will be immediately obvious to a potential buyer. Even a modest update will make your property more appealing. In fact, almost 30% of all homes sold in the UK in 2019 had a new bathroom installation. Furthermore, adding an extra bathroom could increase your property’s value by an estimated £12,000. This is roughly 5%
- Open-Plan Living Areas – Our building contractors knock down adjoining walls to create a more open, natural flow throughout your home. This is a great way to appeal to buyers and can add around 6% to the value of your Mansfield home
- New Kitchen Installations – 8 out of 10 buyers state that a well-designed kitchen is one of their most desirable features of a new home. Updating your kitchen with a new installation not only makes your home more saleable, it can also increase your property’s value by 6%. This figure may be considerably more for open-plan kitchens
- House Extensions – At SMM Property Services, we are experts in a range of extension styles. Our building contractors create spacious, purpose-built additions suitable for a variety of uses. Extending your property can increase its value by roughly 11%, although this amount may be higher if you include an additional bedroom
- Improved Energy Efficiency – We carry out a range of building services to improve the energy efficiency of properties around Mansfield. From upgrading loft and cavity wall insulation to installing double-glazed windows, we can increase your property’s value by up to 14% and save future homeowners money on their utility bills